Art Challenge - Day 29/ 30 Paintings. Last five images!.


These next five paintings complete the series of 30 paintings in 30 days, although while immersed in all this, I lost track and somehow was thinking today was the 30th and finished the last of the paintings this morning.  Gertrude Stein once wrote of Picasso that he "...needed to be active enough (painting) to empty himself completely"  I know exactly what she meant. 
I wasn't sure I could paint at a pace of one painting a day, but after a rather hesitant start, ideas began to flow more freely and pretty soon it was no longer about completing the 30 paintings, but just simply painting.  All but three of the 30 are small 8" x 10" paintings which I began to see as studies I can later develop further into larger oil paintings.  Have to admit that some of them I was not very happy with how they turned out, but I went ahead and posted them. Like them or not, I have to also admit that many of those are the ones that taught me the most and therefore valuable to me as a great learning experience. 

Posting images 25 - 30: Click on images to enlarge. 

Study of dried Zinnias
Acrylics

Study of Dry Apples
Acrylics



Fruit Platter
Acrylics







Was reading about the Tongva peoples native to Southern California and I really liked their pottery. Their warm, earthy color seem to exude a sense of strength which reflects the ruggedness and strength of this people and surrounding environment. 

Carved From the Earth
Acrylics


San Gabriel Foothills
Acrylics

Comments